Random Acts of Kindness - Feb 17th
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”
– Princess Diana
Random Acts Of Kindness Ideas:
- First of all be kind to yourself, you could book a massage, you might have benefits for this. With the March Break fast approaching now is a good time to book those health and wellness appointments you’ve been meaning to get to!
- Bring a coffee to a coworker.
- Doing the laundry for your spouse, a family member or your room mate.
- Offering to clean someone’s home when they are unable to.
- Helping a senior person to care for their pet by walking their dog, bringing in those heavy boxes of kitty litter, taking the pet to the vet, etc.
- Paying for the person behind you at the grocery store or drive-thru.
- Drop a few quarters into an expired (or almost expired) parking meter.
- Donating your time and helping out at your nearby shelter.
- Donating your time and skills. If you can play piano, donating piano lessons to a needy child would be an example.
- Buy some groceries for someone you know is having financial problems. A senior person who is living just on social security is a good example.
- If someone “snaps” at you, instead of snapping back simply say something like “I’m sorry you are having a bad day, I do hope it gets better.”
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while just to catch up.
- Run an errand for an elderly person in your neighborhood, family, etc.
- Go out for a meal and give a generous tip to your server.
- Donate blood, the EAA is hosting another blood drive on April 12th you can sign up here: Blood Donation Clinic
Do you need to talk to somebody right away?
The Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), is a confidential, professional short-term counseling service for eligible WRDSB employees and their dependents. It is a free, voluntary and high-quality service provided through LifeWorks Inc. LifeWorks has extensive experience supporting employees in the educational sector and addressing the specific challenges they face while leading and supporting students to academic excellence.
Feel supported 24/7, 365 days a year with a confidential employee & family assistance program (EFAP) whether you’re expecting a baby, going through a divorce, or feeling overwhelmed at work.
Toll-Free English: 1-844-880-9142
Toll-Free French: 1-844-880-9143
Web access: https://wrdsb.lifeworks.com/feed