EAA Office Administrator Position
The EAA is accepting applications for an Office Administrator from Permanent Members within the EA Association. This is not an Executive position, and is not open to Executive Members.
The successful applicant will work 30 hours per week, 10 months per year starting the first day of school in September 2021. Remuneration $31.19/hr.
This is a term posting for one year and will not affect your Permanent status.
Hours of work will vary. In general it is anticipated that the hours will be Monday to Friday between 9:00am-3:30 pm *30 hours per week with a half hour unpaid lunch. Additional time may also be assigned outside these hours where required to assist with evening meetings that take place from time to time. *Members with less than 30 permanent hours may apply. However, hours over and above your permanent contract will be term for the duration of the school year.
Reporting to the EAA President and Vice President, this position is responsible for the clerical and administrative duties related to the day to day operation of the EAA office. Previous office experience is an asset.
The successful applicant will be placed on a leave of absence from their position with the school board and will be returned to that position when this role concludes.
- Answer phones/clerical support
- Managing office supplies
- Mail handling
- Light office cleaning
- Provide technical support
- Operate maintain and monitor general office equipment, such as fax, photocopier, computers, internet
- Manage the EAA website
- Assist in the organization and co-ordination of union meetings and events
- Food orders
- Online registrations
- Other duties as assigned by the President and Vice President
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, adaptability, diplomacy and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent organization skills
- Working knowledge of Google mail, Drive and Docs, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with cloud-based systems, storage of data, etc.,
- Website management, Online survey tools
- Must possess an automobile and have a valid drivers license
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Ability to exercise high level of confidentiality and discretion
While we appreciate all applications only those selected for an interview will be contacted.