We recognize that there is a lot of important information being sent out to you.  It can get overwhelming to try and sift through it all.  The office is receiving several questions from Members so we hope that this FAQ document will be found useful. Please note: many of the links below are to the WRDSB Staff site.  Access to this site will require you to enter your Board email address and PAL password.  
Thank you for your continued commitment to our most vulnerable learners. Many of these students could not attend school without your support and assistance.
Enjoy your Labour Day long weekend everyone!
I am starting a *NEW* term/perm position, am I eligible for benefits?
If new term and perm hires meet the eligibility requirements (.5 FTE and above) OTIP will send an enrollment email to your Board address. If you do not receive a benefits enrollment email within three weeks of your first day in an eligible position with your school board, please contact OTIP Benefits Services at 1-866-783-6847.
What is the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)?
The EFAP is a confidential, professional counselling service for eligible WRDSB employees and their dependents. It is a free, voluntary and high-quality service provided through Homewood Health Inc. Homewood Health has extensive experience supporting employees in the educational sector and addressing the specific challenges they face while leading and supporting students to academic excellence.
Find links to the EFAP and other helpful information on the WRDSB staff site: https://staff.wrdsb.ca/hr/employee-wellness/
How do I submit my extra hours if I worked above my regularly scheduled hours on the EAA PD Day Sept 2nd?
Perm and Term Members who work less than 6 hours a day can be compensated to a maximum of 6 hours.
In order to account for the hours over your regular work hours, please click on the link below:
This document is to be filled out and submitted asap only if you worked above your regular hours. Term and Perm Members can be compensated up to a max of 6 hours.
What form do I use if I worked above my hours to attend BMS training on Sept 1st?
This form is to be used for working groups that have attended Mandatory BMS Training that falls outside of their normal working hours.
I am a supply EA/CYW, when will I receive BMS training?
Supply EAs and CYWs will receive BMS training on the November 23, 2020 PD Day. You will receive an invitation from the BMS administrative assistant with more details closer to the date.
Who is my Human Resource contact at the Board?
Here is the link to Human Resources contacts at the Board: https://staff.wrdsb.ca/hr/human-resources/human-resource-contacts/
Who do I talk to if I have a question about payroll?
Here is the link to staff payroll contacts at the Board:
Where can I find information about the COVID19 safety protocols in schools?
The Board released COVID-19 Health & Safety Handbook for Students, Staff and School Communities on August 14th. “This “living document” is designed as a guide for WRDSB Administrators and Educators in order to inform best practices designed to minimize health and safety risk of respiratory illness, including COVID-19. We would encourage you to reference this document and the Employee Health & Safety Document (Link) on an ongoing basis as they are subject to change based on evolving COVID-19 information.” Here is a link to the staff handbook:
What is the best way to reach the EAA Executive?
At this time the EAA office is closed to the public. To schedule an in person appointment please send your email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or the Executive Officer you are trying to reach.
Visit our website at www.wrdsbeaa.com for more information.
**The phone lines are being monitored on a regular basis but reaching out by email may produce a quicker response.
Who should we notify if we are aware of an EAA Member who retired over the summer?
Please forward the name of any EAA retiree that you are aware of to Wellness Officer, Donna Jeske at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that they can be recognized by our Association.
I have questions about EI and CERB?
Workers will need to contact EI on their own to discuss their personal situations.  We realize that it is taking longer than normal to reach an agent so you may want to check out their services and programs online if your request is not urgent.
On August 20th, 2020 the Government of Canada announced changes to the Employment Insurance (EI) program and new income support benefits that will better support Canadians.
Please visit their website for more information.
If I have any health and safety concerns who should I direct them to?
One of a workers responsibilities under section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, states that a worker must report any known workplace hazard or violation of the Act to the employer or supervisor.  We encourage you to put those concerns in writing to your Administrator.
If you are injured at work, you need to complete the online Employee Incident/Accident report https://wrdsb.ebasefm.com/auth/login?return_uri=aXI%3D
Feel free to reach out to our EAA Health and Safety Officer Lynn Wilson if you have any questions or concerns. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Here are a couple of slides from last weeks staff training that may help understand the process and steps involved in a Work Refusal:

"Educational assistants and child and youth care workers say they are anxious to go back to school"
Read the full CBC article featuring EAA President, Colleen Dietrich Sisson here:

Login to view all articles

Member Login