The CEAO was founded in 1999 by four Independent Unions
- The Educational Assistants Association (EAA/WRDSB) President Kathy Pittman
- The Education Resource Facilitator of Peel (ERFP) President Hilary Campbell
- The Dufferin Peel Educational Resource Workers’ Association (DPERWA) President Diane Kossel
- The Halton District Educational Assistants Association (HDEAA) President Diana Kay
The Coalition of Educational Assistants Association of Ontario (CEAO) was organized to promote the interests of Educational Assistants at the provincial level and to achieve goals common to all member unions.
The CEAO not only continues to serve these purposes, but has also grown to become a voice for Educational Assistants, Designated Early Childhood Educators, Child and Youth Workers, and Social Service Workers. We represent over 7200 members in the province of Ontario.
We are currently the only 4 Independent Unions left in the province of Ontario that represents Educational Assistants. The CEAO is a provincially recognized organization that lobbies on behalf of our member organizations.
The CEAO met with the Honourable Education Minister, Mitzie Hunter and tabled our priorities:
- Working conditions
- Violence in our workplace
- Recognition in the Education Act
In the past year, the CEAO has continued to lobby the different levels of government to address these concerns.
Working on your behalf